Treatment of Autoimmune Diseases
15 Continuing Education Units (CEU)
This online course will present first an overview of the immune system from the perspective of Chinese medicine by exploring all the types of Qi or Jing that play a role in the immune response.
Please note this course provides CEUs for the NCCAOM, Florida and California Boards.
Before discussing individual diseases, the course will explore in detail the aetiology and pathology of Latent Heat and of Yin Fire as these two often play a role in the origin of autoimmune diseases.
After that, the role of inflammation in the pathology of autoimmune diseases will be discussed together with the herbal treatment of it. The possible role of immunizations in the aetiology of autoimmune diseases will be explored.
Treatment strategies will be discussed with both acupuncture and herbal medicine and a treatment protocol that applies to all autoimmune diseases will be presented.
Two autoimmune diseases will be discussed in detail with the aetiology, pathology, patterns and treatment:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's Disease
After taking the course, the participants will be able to confidently:
- Understand the nature of the immune system from the perspective of Chinese medicine.
- Understand which types of Qi and Jing play a role in the immune response.
- Understand the pathology of autoimmune diseases from the perspective of Chinese medicine relating them to Latent Heat and Yin Fire.
- Master the role of inflammation in the pathology of autoimmune diseases and its treatment with Chinese herbs.
- Master the aetiology, pathology, patterns and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis and Crohn's Diseases.
This course consists of a 219 slide lecture with video narration, text, diagrams and photos. The treatment discussed includes herbal medicine and acupuncture.