Treatment of Asthma
4 Continuing Education Units (CEU)
This course presents the pathology and treatment of both allergic and non allergic asthma in children and adults. One of the features of the course is an interpretation of atopy and atopic diseases from the point of view of Chinese medicine. The treatment is discussed with both acupuncture and herbal medicine.
- Pathology of allergic asthma and of atopy.
- Distinction between allergic and non allergic asthma.
- The role of acupuncture in asthma.
- The main patterns of disharmony and herbal treatment for both allergic and non-allergic asthma.
- Pathology and treatment of allergic rhinitis, the disease that often accompanies allergic asthma.
This course consists of a nearly 4 hour lecture with video narration, text, diagrams and photos. The treatment discussed includes herbal medicine and acupuncture.