Tongue Diagnosis – Chinese Medicine CEU Course
15 Continuing Education Units (CEU)
An essential tool in Chinese medicine as the Tongue nearly always shows the true condition of the patient. It is particularly useful in complex, chronic conditions manifesting with contradicting symptoms and signs. Its strength relies in the fact that it is nearly always reliable and objective. Compared to pulse diagnosis, it is also much easier to learn!
Tongue Diagnosis is aimed at teaching participants the essentials of Tongue diagnosis from the beginning. Besides presenting the traditional aspects of Tongue diagnosis, the course also presents Giovanni’s important insights derived from 35 years of practice. Course topics include:
- Basics of Tongue diagnosis, the normal Tongue
- Tongue topography
- Pale and Red Tongue
- Red Tongue in exterior conditions – Heat and Fire
- Red points and red spots, white vesicles
- Shen disturbances, Empty Heat
- Purple Tongue, Purple chest area and sublingual veins
- Tongue-body shape, swollen Tongue
- Teeth marks, cracks, deviated Tongue, stiff tongue
- Tongue coating, Tongue without coating
- Coating with root or without root
- Thickness, distribution and colour of coating
- Tongue diagnosis and herbal therapy
- The Tongue in Wen Bing disease
This course consists of a 170-slide presentation with video narration, text, diagrams and over 200 photos, together with an audio live lecture on Tongue Diagnosis by Giovanni. The Audio Lecture section builds on the presentation material and adds informative spontaneity and improvisation.
Courses are registered to provide CEUs from the California, Florida and Texas State Acupuncture Boards and NCCAOM. The courses are also approved by the Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS), New Zealand Register of Acupuncturists (AcNZ) and New Zealand Acupuncture Standards Authority (NZASA) for the purpose of CPD Category 2.